Thursday, April 28, 2011

Eyeshadow Primers...

What it does:
Eyeshadow primer is a cosmetic that is used to coat the eyelids prior to the application of eyeshadow so the eyeshadow can be applied in a smooth, even layer and so the eyeshadow will stay in place on the eyelid. Some people find that creases appear in their eyeshadow during the day. These creases are the result of movements of the eyelids such as blinking and normal eye movements. Eyeshadow primer works to keep these creases from appearing and can also help to boost the vibrancy of the eyeshadow color as well as allowing your eyeshadow to stay on longer.
My Opinion:
I have tried lots of different brands and types of eyeshadow primers and I have not had any trouble with any that I have used. Of course the texture, consistency, and feel on the eye lids are all different. I personally believe when choosing a primer it depends on all of those things. Whether you like a light or heavy feeling, thin or thick application, or if you want it skin tone, white, colors, or even if you want it to be clear. It all depends on what you prefer.
These are the ones I have tried…
·         Sephora Perfecting Eye Primer $14.00- Clear
·         Urban Decay Eyeshadow primer Potion $19.00- Original
·         Mark. Please Hold Eye Primer $8.00- Light
·         Avon Anew Youth-Awakening Eyeshadow & Primer Set $12.00
·         E.L.F Essential Eyelid Primer $1.00
·         E.L.F Mineral Eyeshadow Primer $3.00
·         Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer $15.00- Stellar

Ones I would love to try…
·         MAC Prep + Prime Eye $16.50
·         NXY Eyeshadow Base $7.00
·         NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base $24.00
·         Too Faced Shadow Insurance $18.00
·         Sephora Eye Primer Pot $8.00
I am so sure there are lots more that I would love to try :D
 WOW! Did you know that there were tons of really good eyeshadow primers out there? I personally did not realize how many there were until I started to write this Blog post :D
 
Well Thank you for reading, if you have any other suggestions or tips about primers please let me know. Also I will post a blog on other things that can be substituted or even instead of a eyeshadow primer. :D
XOXO
Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment