Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Nails Part II 2.13.14

So... Valentine's Day is only a day away and I felt I should share a few nail designs I did on my mom and sisters. I love the looks and they are all very different. I am not a nail expert nor a professional, but I try my best and I enjoy creating different looks.

Valentine's Day is about love and showing love for that special someone. Weather you have that someone or not I feel there's always a reason to show some love to yourself and give yourself a cute, fun, and flirty manicure. :-)


The first manicure I did was on my sister I felt like bringing out her glamorous side by creating a 50's inspire manicure. I felt red was completely perfect for the 50's look and adding rhinestones, faux pearls, and glitter as accents adds the glamor to the design.
 
 
*Red: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Cherry Red White: Avon Nailwear Pro in French Tip White Silver glitter: Avon Brilliant Chrome loose glitter*
 
 
The second manicure I did was on my mom and first off may I just say she NEVER paints her nails nor does she ever let anyone do it so I felt pretty honored :-). Well back to the nails; she specifically requested to keep it simple, work appropriate, and not crazy. So for her Valentine's day nails I used a nude almost pale gray color and adding a rhinestone just to make it a little less basic. The single stone plays it up enough to make the design classy, yet a bit sassy.
 
 
*Nude: Revlon ColorStay in Bare Bones*
 
 
The third manicure I did was on my little sister. I felt she needed crazy, girly, and flirty nails. On one hand I added "I <3 U" with to pale pink nails with glitter on top. Then the other hand I just put a heart on the ring finger and adding glitter to a few nails and keeping the pinky pink to add a little dimension to the look. A lot is going on with this manicure, but I felt its a fun look and she is young so it works.
 
 
*Pink: Lime Crime in Parfait Day, Red: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Cherry Red, Silver glitter: Avon Brilliant Chrome loose glitter*
 
I hope you enjoyed these different nail designs I plan in the future to be a little more detailed. I want to thank my mom, sister Ashley, and my little sister Andrea for letting me do their nails and take pictures. Also, I hope your decide to give yourself a well deserved "mani".
 
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
 
XOXO,
Yahya



No comments:

Post a Comment